Friday, February 18, 2011

Loss of Dignity and one battered knee...


So today was one of the most important days I've had since I've been here in NY. I was going to do my best to avoid anything from hindering the day. Why, you ask? I had an interview. A very important one at a job I really really want. Have I said "really" already?

Anyhow, I put on a dress, my black mini-trench coat and stockings. Being NY I didn't want to chance wearing heels all the way to my interview so I packed them in my briefcase and put on my converse. I'd change when I got close.

Once I get there, I change into my heels and give my name to the front desk. Finally, I'm in the lobby and have the interview. It's absolutely great. I feel confident and have further reinforced the fact that I really want to work there.

My dear friend Gabby works on the same floor just across from the magazine I applied to. So not only will the job be absolutely fascinating, but I'll get to hang out with her like old times in grad school.

Anyhow, we decide to have lunch together later on. So having time to spare, I head to Barnes and Noble and just relax. Finally, my friend texts me so we can have lunch. And here I am walking towards her building. And right when I'm crossing. What could possibly happen? ....

I fall down right in the middle of the street. End up scraping my knee pretty bad. But it does not end there. When my friend sees my knee she recommends we go to the bathroom to clean it. Sounds great right? Well that's what I thought until the front lobby personnel call in two men to come and aid my knee. So they take me up to 29th floor (where I had my interview and my friend works) only to patch up my knee there. I could not be more embarrassed. Really I could not!


Anyhow, lunch with my friend Gabby was GREAT! I'd miss talking to her like we use to in grad school. Here's crossing my fingers that I get the internship. :)


So this basically concludes the day. Overall it was not the worse thing to happen to me by far, but it wasn't the best. lol.





Highlight of the day:
Feeling confident in the interview. And lunch with Gabby

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Connect With Us

Texts

Template Hits

Instructions

Recomended

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Luna is a Medill graduate journalism student at Northwestern University. She is currently the alternative medicine reporter for the Medill News Service Chicago. Here you'll find samples of her professional work, as well as more casual pieces

Blogger Tricks

Blogger Themes

Blogroll

About